No matter whether you are planning to renovate the driveway, or want to have paved areas in the backyard, choosing the right material makes a big difference. Most contractors, at least the professional ones, will recommend asphalt as the top option. In majority of commercial projects in the US, asphalt is typically used, and it could be the right choice for your home. In this post, we are sharing benefits of asphalt paving for residential projects.
- Safety. Asphalt is one of the best materials for safety reasons, as there is a lesser chance of skidding. Contractors can further add speed breakers to add safety to the driveway. Asphalt is not impacted by snow, so it’s great for colder regions.
- When you build a pavement or driveway using asphalt, you can be assured of smoothness and aesthetic appeal. In any cases, smooth roads are safer to drive, which is why asphalt remains the first choice for many commercial road construction projects.
- Save money. Since your vehicle will have a smooth ride on asphalt pavements, you will save money on repairs. The cost of paving itself is quite budget-friendly, and even though there is an upfront cost, it pays off in the long run.
- Noise reduction. Driving on asphalt pavements doesn’t cause as much noise, and for a lot of residential projects, that’s a big thing. Developers have to spend a lot less on sound barriers by opting for asphalt paving.
- Environment-friendly. Let’s not forget that the material is 100% recyclable. Compared to some of the other paving materials, asphalt needs less energy for construction too. If you are someone who loves to make right decisions for the planet, go for asphalt.
Things to know
Asphalt paving does need period maintenance and repairs, and if you work with a contractor that’s reliable and known, those costs can be managed. Make sure that the residential project is given to someone who is experienced. Your contractor should be licensed, insured, and must have experience with commercial projects, as well. Don’t shy away from asking question, get an estimate for the job, and if required, get references too.
As you may have guessed, asphalt pavements are meant to last, and the curb appeal is hard to ignore. Regardless of how small the project may seem; you will gain from asphalt as a paving material. Just work with a reliable contractor.
Looking for a paving company that can provide you with custom-designed solutions? Look no further than Bayside Pavers! We specialize in designing and installing paving solutions that fit your specific needs.